Grief. It shows up in so many ways throughout our lives. Whether it’s the end of a relationship, the loss of a pregnancy, the inability to experience pregnancy, the death of a parent or child, the loss of a belief, losing a childhood home…grief is something everyone will experience.
I always say that disappointment will be something that shows up from birth to death and grief is another emotion that will be experienced throughout life as well. When it comes to grief and sex, no two people will experience it the same way.
You can visit my Instagram page at @kristinbhodson to get some specific suggestions on navigating sex and grief and if you are in need of counseling, please visit my mental health clinic at www.thehealinggroup.com.
Here are some resources offered up by my Instagram and Facebook communities offered up.
- "Terrible, thanks for asking" podcast.
- Anything by Nora McInerny
- A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis!!!
- Ashley Sullenger's blog and Instagram accounts!
- Better Than Happy: Jodi Moore's podcast
- Caring Connections at the School of Nursing
- Joan Didion's Year of Magical Thinking
- "When Things Fall Apart", by Pema Choddon.
- Good Grief book from Sadie Banks. Geared to infertility.
- Grace and Grit by Ken Wilber.
- Elizabeth Gilbert on Love, Loss, and How to Move Through Grief as Grief Moves...
- Grief Beyond Belief Facebook Group
- Grief is a sneaky bitch podcast!
- Grief Recovery Handbook.
- On Loss and Living Onward: Collected Voices for the Grieving
- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg.
- Tear Soup: A book that's great for kids, and people in general
- The Fall of Freddy the Leaf A Story of Life For All Ages
- The Grief Recovery Handbook, 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition:
- The Action Program for Moving Beyond Death, Divorce, and Other Losses including Health, Career, and Faith
- The Hot Young Widows Club by Nora McInerny
- The Other Side of Sadness, by Bonanno
- The Sharing Place
- The Wild Edge of Sorrow: Rituals of Renewal and the Sacred Work of Grief
- Wolfelt's touchstones + Worden's Tasks. They fit together very well.